Tuesday, May 13, 2008

T

What a relief after my examination of Citrix Presentation server v4.5. (Job related) Friends keep calling, PMing (private message in the forum), SMSing...and asking why I didn't update my blog. As they are feeling excited to read my blog. Hahaha...There are so many things I want to write. But with my limited English and low end camera I am having. So, i might disappoint you guys sometime.

T. Normally pronounced by the Tarantula hobbyists. Please check out the explaination of Tarantula at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarantula. First into this when one of my female friend gave me her Grammostola rosea. Said that her boyfriend left her and that was his pet. But due to lack of experience and knowledge of keeping T. It died in my hand after months. Sorry Kit...

Since the Grammostola rosea died. I couldn't look at the empty container and feeling itches to get 1 more to try out. So, I am learnt from mistake and joined the local forum The Malaysian Tarantula Society. http://www.mtsociety.com/forums/index.php. Learnt some tips and the behaviours of the T. I am hunting for a niec T to keep. But $$$ is my another concern. Since I am not a millionare or those who doesn't has any commitment. (Paying few thousand ringgit to my house and car loan every month) Lucky that there is a member from the forum offering me the sling of the Singapore sp blue. Got it dirt cheap... But the only problem to keep sling is, they are very tinny. You can feed them with fruit fry or baby crickets. But it is hard to get baby crickets. So, i have to get the adult crickets (normally fish shop selling RM1 with 15 pieces) and tearing off the leg and feed to the small T.

The most exciting moment is to watch they are moulting. Before and after a week they are moulting. They will stop eating. So, you have to take out their food if they leave it there overnight untouch. Most of the sling T prefer moist and humid enrivonment. That's why we put a layer of moist/wet peat moss inside the container. And please remember that, there is no small gap on the container. The T can squeeze out from the gap easily. I've lost 2 small sling last time. Hopefully, they are not hiding in my living place now. Eventhough their venom will not kill us. But it will still making you suffer.

There are several type of Ts available in the market now. But I am prefer to keep the bird eater. As their size is bigger if compare to others. And it is not advisable to handle your T by using bare hand. The best choice is not to touch them at all. Friends asking am I touching or let them rest on my hand or shoulder before. I said no. I prefer to watch they are hunting for the cricket or the pinky. (Pinky = hamster's baby or rat's baby) Know you guys thinking of I am a psycho and cruel. Why have to feed pinky to the T? Well...it is to provide them with better protein once a a month or once every few months. Then your T will grow bigger and nicer colors.

Here are my current bird eaters.

Nhandu vulpinus. Got the bid in the above mentioned forum.



Cyriopagapus sp.blue . The metalic blue/purple T which I like the most.




Keeping this from 1inch + till around palm size. Growing fast and good appetite all the time. You must watch how it hunt for the cricket. This T like to kick hair when i am getting close to it. (They will kick the hair on their legs to attack you. So, don't get your eyes close to them. You will blind if the hair stay inside your eyes.)

Lasiodora parahybana aka salmon pink bird eater

No comments: