Monday, May 5, 2008

Deal or No Deal?

My friend, Littar who I knew through the aquascaping hobby for years. He is smart, easy going and friendly guy. He is always there and fight for me. Very appreciate with his kindness and helps. I got his call one fine day and told me he is going for the Deal or No Deal semi-final shooting. Asking me whether I am fine to become his support buddy or not. I was like...very blur and said OK without thinking twice.

I had forgotten about it after a week. (yes...getting old and have the short term memory.) Then he called up again while i was somewhere in secondary jungle. (Yes. My mobile has the signal inside the jungle) Said he is managed to enter the final. I was like...oh.. ok. I will go and become his support body and sitting at the audience seat. He called up again after 2 days and inform me the shooting is on the week day. So, i hafta apply for the annual leave. And i am not going to sit on the audience seat. But going to sit on the 3 seater chair and my face going to show on this show. Oh man...This is my first time on the TV show.

Just few days before the show, the coordinator of DOND called me up and asking me some questions. Like, how long do you know Littar? What is his lucky number? What is my profession? What do we do normally? And told me not to wear black. Not to wear white. Not to wear bright color shirt. Not to wear shirt with stripes. I was thinking like...Should I go in fully naked? Hahaha...

Said that the notice is 9:30am. I seem like can't sleep well and woke up at 6:30am. Reached Littar's house at 7:30am. Arrived in the studio around 9:00am after our breakfast. Saw there are few Revlon models. And most of them were busy with make up and hair... 4 of us was called in to MAKE UP! Oh man...They put several layers of foundation on our face. Gel our hair and put the foundation again and again. And we were arranged in the guest room. So, the director of this show will brief use on what they are going to do and what we need to do while shooting. They want us to act...acting like we are very excited. Acting like we are very nervious and etc. So that the show will look like more fun and more excitement.

After that we hafta sit and wait for hours. Start shooting around 12pm. And i was kind of sleepy. Well...the MC of the show is good looking and friendly. We were disallow to talk to Littar before the shotting and while having break. And we only have 2 breaks among the 2 hours shooting. And we were "advised" to act more and talk more in the show by the workers and the coordinators of the DOND several times. Kind of tiring...and we were not get pay for acting. :(

Since it going to show on either mid of May 2008 or end of May 2008. I will not tell how much Littar won. But i can tell you guys that...Among all the episods, this is the most exciting DOND. As Littar able to keep 50,000. 75,000 and 100,000 till the end.

Oh ya...Due to this is the most excited DOND. The MC forgotten lot of things which he needs to do and mention inside the show.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yo, are you going to record the show not? show me le. no msia tv reception here!

karen-AO

Dirty Old Man said...

Hi Karen,
Haha...this series not yet show. May be end of May. Which part of SG are you in now? Goto Woodland. Sure can get the reception..

Anonymous said...

which channel? i'm at bkt panjang, can only receive TV1.

Dirty Old Man said...

NTV 7.

Anonymous said...

Has it been aired? I want to see you on national tv! proud of you ;)

Dirty Old Man said...

Hahaha...didn't go out tonight? Guess you are going through my blog one by one ya.

Not yet. I guess it will be aired next Thursday 10:45pm.

Check out the reflection on the table of second picture!! haha...

Anonymous said...

Yeah I didn't go out :) no one ask me out ma... hehehe

The only way to fill up my time is reading your blog, it's interesting because you didn't bitch about life and etc, instead you write about your passion in plants, aquactic life, acquarium and other nature stuff, which is useful for people who shares the same interest as you ;) so keep up the good work ok :D

RM500, better than nothing hehehe.

Ok I will tune in on Thursday :D