Wednesday, August 20, 2008

MicroK SMS + Maxis!

I was informed by a 68 years old friend of mine last month about this issue. He is a non IT and non SMS or any advance technology guy. He just know how to make call and answer call from his mobile. Don't even know how to save number or read SMS.

You can still see a 70's black and white TV working fine at his house. He didn't really watch TV. But reading. One fine day he brought his mobile and his maxis phone bill to me and ask what is the MicroK SMS thing inside his bill. I got no clue about this. So, decided to give maxis customer service a call.

I was kind of pissed off with the explaination of the Maxis customer service representative. Said that the customer agreed on the terms or the conditions of this serrvice. So that this MicroK SMS will charge into his bill. Asking him when did he registed or applied this kind of service. He said he don't even know how to turn on a PC. Don't know how to read or reply SMS. Don't goto any dealer of mobile to register any kind of service. How to get this done?

It is useless to talk to Maxis Customer Service. They insisted the customer registered this service before. I've told them to block this service. And yes. It is done. After that, I am back at home and check on my bill... OMG!!! This MicroK SMS appear in my bill as well. A month charging RM20-30. If a year, will be RM240-360! That is a lot...

For those who know me well. I am using my company mobile to do all the sms and calls. I am not into all this web games, enews or any eservices. And i am an IT guy. I know what to apply or subscribe if i am really need it. But the truth is, I don't ever have enough time to shit. What for I want this service for. Called up Maxis Customer Service. Same bullshit given by them. They don't even want to rebate to customer. What done is already done. What they can offer is to block that service only.

Glad that i found out early. But guess what. I am going to stop using this fxxx up and irresponsible mobile service. I will switch to their competitor. Better service and better offer and package.

So, for those who using post paid line. Please check out your bill now. I am wondering they are doing this to the prepaid user or not. Since there is no bill provided.

p/s: I will take a picture of my bill which stated this MicroK SMS service next time. If I am not, please remind me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi where is your bill photo?
Long time no renew ur blog, where r u?

Tan

Dirty Old Man said...

No time to scan and post here... since i've abandoned this blog. :p busy with photography now...