Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Pulau Ketam aka Crab Island -part 1.

Sorry for long waiting. Being busy with works and new toy recently. Friends non-stop sms, msn, ym and pm me for the new update in my blog. Hey dude... I am back.


New toy came with the standard kit lens. 18-135mm lens f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED. Guess it is good enough for a beginner like me to pratice. But still feeling like forever not enough or satisfy me. Eyeing on the 80-200mm f/2.8D ED, 14-24mm f/2.8G ED ultra wide angle lens and the 105mm f/2.8 IF-ED macro lens. Oh man...this will cost another RM10,000!!!

Forget about it. Must get the dry cabinet and flash gun first.

Sometime shooting alone is quite boring. Because of can't share the opinion and others. So, decided to join this trip to Crab Island http://www.pulauketam.com/ which was organized by my photographer friend - Shaun. Knew him through the aquascaping forum. A young man full of energy who giving up aquascaping recently. Gonna brain wash him back into aquscaping later on.


Actually we were msn for quite sometime. But never meet up in person. Managed to get few of my friends to join this trip... This shaun seems like too excited and non-stop msn and sms me to confirm the time and venue to meet up. Hahaha..and the last sms was around 8:30pm a day before the trip. Said he is going to sleep now for tomorrow trip! Wow....sleep at 8:30pm!!!! Or... may be he got an agenda with his gf? Who knows? haha...

Woke up at 6:30am (was slept around 12am). Feeling blur and tired. Steven sms said that he is arrived at Stan's house and waiting for him to wash up. I can't waste a single second and quicky wash up. Waiting for them to arrive and we will car pool to KTM station (Keretapi Tanah Malaysia) aka train station. 7:30am...didn't see their shadow and Stan called up. Said they were lost and stop somewhere near my living place.


Promised to Shuan that we will arrive in Port Klang at 8:30am. And the trip from my living place to Port Klang will take an hour +. Ai.....gonna screw by Shaun later on. I was drove like F1 and meeting up with Steven and Stan. Then to KTM station. We were quite lucky. Because of the train yet to depart. Manage to get in around 7:45am. If we miss the train, we hafta wait for another hour...

It was quite a cooling morning in KTM, Thought to ZZzzzzzz along the journey. But this 2 fellas - Stan and Steven talking non-stop. Guess I gonna have a sleepless journey. Shaun arrived around 8:20am and he sms me....While we were still 10 stations away. Then Wai Ye sms me said that she is going to arrive. Get her Shaun's number and lets Shaun give her a warm welcome hug. :p

We were arrived at 8:45am when the first boat to Crab Island has left. Settle our breakfast at nearby Kopitiam (Local coffee shop) and had the ice breaking session.

The Port Klang...


The speed boat to Indonesia. I was mistaken it is the boat to Crab island.


The cabin of the ferry to Crab Island. Air-conditioned and load with tons of life jackets.



My rangefinder camera Argus C-3bought from ebay...Yet to try it out.


The ferry to Crab Island. They just load all the stuff on top of the ferry.


The ferry which allow to take 100 people. RM7 per trip...

Above pictures courtesy from Wai Ye.


Peeping out from cabin. Check out those old folks just standing outside the ferry while it is moving quite fast.


Shaun busy with his toy...


Ferry vs fishsing boat...


I was quite blur and didn't really take out my camera to shoot any potraits before reaching the island. I should shoot some pictures of the workers in the Kopitiam. I should should shoot pictures of Stan, Steven, Shaun, Wan Yee and Wai Ye... I think I need to have enough sleep for my next trip.

Here is the first potrait of mine.... He was just standing there and let me and Shaun shooting on him. Was kind of worry that he will punch us or slap us. Hahaa... I didn't use PS (Photoshop) to do the cropping or color adjust. Just use the Microsoft Office Picture Manager to do some basic and simple cropping. So, please be patient for my lousy skill.. Trying to shoot more and learn...


Owner of Chinese clinic. Shooting next to his herbs garden.


Shaggy...


Main transport...


Stan (with cap), Shaun with sun-glasses, Steven at the bottom...

Lazy sunny day...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehe... thanks for the inviting me to the trip, I really did some good photo shoot but unlike your camera, mind is semi-pro and yes, after seeing u guys snapping away with hi-tech cam, will save up and join u guys soon... :)

Yeah I so wish to get a welcome hug from Shaun but we shook hand instead ;)

Eager for the next exciting trip ;)

WY